If vintage French-style home decor is your style, you don’t have to be overwhelmed looking for new furniture, curtains, and centre pieces. You can achieve a French-style home interior by using floor and wall tiles. If you’re not sure what a French-style home is, or what tile options to explore to create this elegant style, here’s what you need to know.
What Is a French-Style Home?
In general terms, French home decor includes whitewashed pieces, some antique items, lots of candles and hurricane lanterns, linen towels, white lace, and silver trays. For some homes, a glitzy crystal chandelier brings the whole look together. The “French style” is also known as Shabby Chic or French Provincial. This type of home decor should look effortless and keep things minimal. It’s also about balancing luxury with function—homeowners should choose products that are high-end but don’t look expensive. You can even use second-hand items, if they complement the space. The room should flow together, and each piece should be in harmony with the rest. It’s common to see all-white homes, or homes full of neutral colours, and rustic pieces to add character.
Different Tile Options for French-Style Homes
There are many different tile options to generate this look. At Centura Tile, you can find any of the following tiles:
- Encaustic: When it comes to using vintage patterns, this tile is a perfect option. The patterns are modern and chic, but the colours and tones reflect an authentic, retro mood.
- Hydraulic: Developed in Southern France in the mid-19th century, these tiles were used as the standard flooring for over 100 years. It combines old features and enhances a contemporary home décor.
- A.Mano: Artists will love the brush-stroke effect of this tile pattern. A.Mano is a great option for those who want neutral decor without it looking bland and boring.
- Caprice: Another option for pattern lovers, this design is much bolder, with sharp lines and vibrant, solid colours. This style meets the latest trends in floor fashions and makes a statement.
- Context: Looking for something warm and inviting? This style takes traditional neutral colours and blends them together to create a warm and cozy tone. Available in light colours and darker ones, Context creates movement and inspiration.
- Tribeca: This look is the perfect blend of contemporary and traditional. Using pale tones of greys and browns, it creates a cool atmosphere in the home. The rough texture brings the space to life.
- Marble: Marble has been used as a modern tile design for decades. It works well as an elegant backsplash, or a porcelain tile for your bathroom countertop and floors.
Choose the Right Tiles for your French-Style Home at Centura Tile
These options are just a few of the multitude available to you when you visit Centura Tile. We provide customers with a seemingly endless variety of tile textures, patterns, colours, materials, and more. As a tiling company in the business since 1933, we work closely with architects, designers, contractors, floor covering dealers, and home centres to give you the best customer service. We also provide a selection of high-quality flooring sheet vinyl, laminate, porcelain, and carpet, among a vast array of additional products. To learn more, contact us or visit a Centura Tile dealer near you.